Donate Items to the ReStore
Support Our Mission & Help the Environment
Habitat ReStore accepts new and gently used construction items, home improvement products and furniture that is in good, working condition. Donating to the ReStore is a GREEN way to help your community. Each year, the ReStore spares more than 400 tons of good, usable (sometimes brand new) materials from the Pinellas County landfill.
- Basic Donation Guidelines
- How to Donate
- Items We Accept
- Current Items Needed / Not Needed
- Donate Money
- Donate a Vehicle Cars for Homes Video Link
- Additional Donation Information
- Residential - Must be intended for use in or have application in residential construction, improvement or maintenance. Nothing labeled or specifically configured for industrial, professional or commercial use only.
- Structural - Must be structurally sound to perform its intended use. Nothing broken, missing, worn-out or otherwise “falling apart.”
- Functional - Must be in working condition. No disabling damage, nonfunctioning components or in any way inoperable.
- Cosmetic - Must have an acceptable appearance.
- Don’t hesitate to contact us ahead of time if you are unsure if your item meets our guidelines or if you have something that is NOT on our list that you think would be of value to our customers.
- Drop off donations up to 1/2 hour before closing. Click here for business hours.
- Free pickup service for larger approved donations. We can usually pickup these larger donations within a week. We are unable to haul away trash, and some donations may be declined because of safety concerns, facility limitations or marketability. Contact us today to schedule a pickup.
- Deconstruction Services - Demolishing an existing home? Avoid additional trash hauling and disposal fees while receiving a tax deduction.
- Working Appliances
- Kitchen & Bath Cabinets
- Save Money - Tax deductions and reduction of trash hauling and disposal fees, will reduce your overall project costs. Plus, our deconstruction service is free. Even if you pay a fee to your contractor to deconstruct, instead of demolish, you will still save on the cost of your project.
- Save Our Environment - Reduce the environmental impact by removing reusable items instead of disposing them in our local landfills.
- Help Our Community - By supplying the ReStore with quality building materials that can be resold to the public, you can help Habitat raise money to build homes for families in Pinellas County.
Additional Donation Information
Habitat for Humanity of Pinellas County is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and all donations receive a tax-deductible receipt. Please refer to this IRS publication for guidance on tax-deductibility and valuing donations. Consult a tax professional with questions on your individual situation.