Home Repair Program
Habitat for Humanity of Pinellas County is excited to offer a home repair program available for eligible Pinellas County residents! If you are a Pinellas County homeowner and in need of non-emergency home repairs, you may qualify for Habitat for Humanity of Pinellas County Neighborhood Revitalization Program. The program is designed to offer homeowners home repairs in four essential repair categories: “Aging in Place” Modifications (ramps or accessibility upgrades designed to accommodate physical mobility limitations), Critical Home Repairs (roof replacement, plumbing, electric, structural repairs) Energy Efficiency Upgrades (insulation, HVAC) and Exterior Enhancements (paint, landscaping). Eligible homeowners will be provided a zero-percent interest loan to cover the cost of repairs, while the loan payment will be tailored to ensure affordability. Please see Home Repair FAQs & How to Apply Section for additional information.
If you'd like more info, please email us or call 727-536-4755.
Home repair work offered includes:
- “Aging in Place” Modifications: ramps or accessibility upgrades designed to accommodate physical mobility limitations
- Critical Home Repairs: roof replacement, plumbing, electric, structural repairs
- Energy Efficiency Upgrades: insulation, HVAC
- Exterior Enhancements: paint, landscaping
Homeowners qualifying for the program will be required to participate in their home repairs work in a process known as “sweat equity.” Hours will vary from 10–25 based on the scope of the work. Sweat equity work will be tailored to suit the homeowner’s physical abilities.
Like Habitat's program that partners with families to provide affordable homeownership opportunities through a sweat equity commitment and a zero-percent interest mortgage, likewise, the Neighborhood Revitalization Initiative offers homeowners the opportunity to partner with Habitat to obtain affordable repair services.
Homeowners will be provided a zero-percent interest loan to cover the cost of the repairs. The loan payment will be tailored to ensure affordability for the homeowner.
You must meet the following criteria:
- Have legal ownership of your home and reside in the household
- Fit a specific income range
- Have a non-emergency need for home repairs in any of the targeted categories
- Live within Pinellas County
- Willingness to Partner with Habitat
- Completion of Pre-Qualification form and Full Application
building strength, shelter and self-reliance.
© 2019 Copyright Habitat for Humanity of Pinellas County – All Rights Reserved.