Home Repair Program
Habitat for Humanity of Pinellas and West Pasco Counties is excited to offer a home repair program for eligible Pinellas County residents! If you are a Pinellas County homeowner and in need of non-emergency home repairs, you may qualify. Eligible homeowners will be provided a zero-percent interest loan to cover the cost of repairs, while the loan payment will be tailored to ensure affordability. Please see Home Repair FAQs & How to Apply Section for additional information.
The program is designed to offer homeowners home repairs in four essential repair categories:
- “Aging in Place” Modifications (ramps or accessibility upgrades designed to accommodate physical mobility limitations)
- Critical Home Repairs (roof replacement, plumbing, electric, structural repairs)
- Energy Efficiency Upgrades (insulation, HVAC)
- Exterior Enhancements (paint, landscaping).
If you'd like more info, please call 727-536-4755 ext. 401.
a letter from a home repair client
"We all know of one other person who completed the Habitat homeownership program, and that's what they are known for...but I think few know that they have an 'Aging in Place' program to help us as we age, staying where we are most comfortable. We are indeed most comfortable with the result of this experience, and applaud all those who helped us. We are forever in their thanks. I would recommend Habitat to anyone in need. They are here to help."
Caroline M. - A Habitat Home Repair Clientclick here to read the full story »
Home repair work offered includes:
- “Aging in Place” Modifications: ramps or accessibility upgrades designed to accommodate physical mobility limitations
- Critical Home Repairs: roof replacement, plumbing, electric, structural repairs
- Energy Efficiency Upgrades: insulation, HVAC
- Exterior Enhancements: paint, landscaping
Homeowners qualifying for the program will be required to participate in their home repairs work in a process known as “sweat equity.” Hours will vary from 10–25 based on the scope of the work. Sweat equity work will be tailored to suit the homeowner’s physical abilities.
Like Habitat's program that partners with families to provide affordable homeownership opportunities through a sweat equity commitment and a zero-percent interest mortgage, likewise, the Home Repair Program offers homeowners the opportunity to partner with Habitat to obtain affordable repair services.
Homeowners will be provided a zero-percent interest loan to cover the cost of the repairs. The loan payment will be tailored to ensure affordability for the homeowner.
You must meet the following criteria:
- Have legal ownership of your home and reside in the household
- Fit a specific income range
- Have a non-emergency need for home repairs in any of the targeted categories
- Live within Pinellas County
- Willingness to Partner with Habitat
- Completion of Pre-Qualification form and Full Application