about global village

Global Village is a Habitat for Humanity International (HfHI) program that creates opportunities for volunteers to build overseas for one to three weeks with families in need and local volunteers. For every home built in Pinellas County, Habitat Pinellas contributes 75% of our annual tithe contribution to Habitat Malawi, with the remaining 25% determined by management to support HfHI’s effort to eliminate poverty housing around the world. In April 2013, Habitat Pinellas organized its first ever Global Village trip to Guatemala with 13 volunteers. Since then, we've completed trips to Malawi, Costa Rica and Nicaragua.

Please note: Because of the strenuous tasks involved with build trips in hot, foreign climates, you must be in excellent health and outstanding physical condition to be considered for the team.

 

2019 cambodia trip

On November 16 - 23, 2019, a team of Habitat Pinellas volunteers will travel to Siem Reap for the Global Village Big Build. What is a Big Build? During this event, approximately 300 to 500 volunteers with join Habitat Cambodia in Siem Reap to build at least 28 to 45 safe, quality and affordable houses with home partner families. This is sure to be an amazing experience as we build with volunteers from around the world! To learn more, please contact Kitty Handwerk at khandwerk@habitatpinellas.org.


 

2018 malawi trip

In 2018, a team of 15 Habitat Pinellas volunteers worked together to build homes and hope in Malawi.


2017 nicaragua trip

On November 25, 2017, a team of eleven Habitat Pinellas volunteers worked together to build homes and hope in Masachapa, Nicaragua.


 

2016 costa rica trip

On October 15, 2016, a team of nine Habitat Pinellas volunteers worked together to build homes and hope in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. 


2015 guatemala trip

On May 2, 2015, a team of 13 Habitat Pinellas volunteers completed a once-in-a-lifetime experience building homes and hope in Guatemala.

 


2014 malawi trip

In 2014, a team of 16 Habitat Pinellas volunteers completed a once-in-a-lifetime experience building homes and hope in Malawi.

 


2013 guatemala trip

In 2013, a team of 13 Habitat Pinellas volunteers completed a once-in-a-lifetime experience building homes and hope in Guatemala.